1. The Shieldbuddy is recognised by the OS but generates only a single com port as above. There is a USB debug entry but no corresponding com port.
2. I can run the EOL_Test and this appears to download the binary to the Shield Buddy. I cannot interact with the device due to the lack of a com port. I can run Memtest manually and connect to the ShieldBuddy.
3. The installation of the Multicore IDE does not seem to have patched the Arduino IDE as I cannot find the Shieldbuddy listed under boards. I am running version 1.8.2 of the Arduino IDE. Is the Multicore IDE fussy about the Arduino version?
Should there be two com ports as indicated in the docs?
The Arduino compiler defaults to an Arduino Board on startup on Com 1 (not present). There is no infiniteon board listed to select but lots of Arduino ones.
In c:/program files(x86)/Arduino/hardware there is an Arduino entry containing an Aurix Directory with lots of files - I've attached some.
In c:/program files(x86)/Arduino there is also a directory "Arduino_Dx" that contains files.
Is it possible that this directory (c:/program files(x86)/Arduino ) has got corrupted with all of my re-installations? I guess that it might be best to delete all and reinstall from the start. Hey-ho. The order that I would use to install would be.
There is only one COM port on the latest ShieldBuddy. From what you are saying, the DAS driver has installed and is working, which is good. I would deinstall everything, including the Arduino IDE. Your suggested installation order is OK.
I've got it all working - thanks to your last posts.
1. I checked the Arduino directory against the list you gave and it was not all there. The Arduino IDE does not seem to mind where it lives in the system and had installed itself, I know not where - neither did your installers?
2. I am pretty certain that my system was protecting itself (?Kapersky AV) and not allowing your installers to write to the C:Program Files (x86) directory. My earlier fudge got things going by me manually authorising the writes.
I have now got it working without the fudge and I lay out here what I did in case anyone has the same trouble.
1. I deleted my existing Arduino installation. This will not be necessary if it is already properly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory.
2. I downloaded the Zip version of the Arduino IDE. I did this because the other versions auto install where it suits and do not give the option of running the installer as Administrator.
3. I unzipped the Arduino IDE to a convenient location and then copied the Arduino directory wholesale to the C:\Program Files (x86) directory. NB the 1.8.2 unzipper creates and Arduino 1.8.2 directory - I renamed it to Arduino as I suspect that is what the infiniteon installers look for.
4. I created a shortcut and ran the Aduino IDE to make sure that it was functional.
5. I checked the permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino directory and found that the files were flagged as read only - I undid this. I also gave access permission to Administrators. These steps are probably unnecessary as well as being potentially risky. Try without them.
5. I ran the Toolchain installer as Administrator.
6. I ran the Multicore IDE as administrator.
Bingo - it works!
I am sure not all of the steps above are routinely necessary but they do save the boredom of multiple installs. PS if you do have to do multiple installs, just delete the files in the HighTec (Not the licence sub-directory) and Hitex directories (in C:\) and then the installers will invite you to do a "repair".
Bye the bye. You need to hold the reset button down for about a second to get the reset - a quick jab wont do it!
Thanks for all your patience and help. As you can see, I'm a trouble causer and you will not doubt hear from me again.